MOPGEL rely on donations to enhance and expand its program and projects to help improve the quality of life for the people of Liberia after many years of civil conflict that destroyed almost every institutions.
* Donations of sewing machines, computers, laptops, cooking skills equipment and tools will go a long way to empower women, men, disabled, youth and children to obtain employment and self-reliance skills.
* Donation of medical equipment, medical supplies, generators and vehicles will help thousands of women, kids, disabled and men access health care in rural Liberia.
* Donation of school supplies such as uniforms, copy books, pencils, ink-pens and a child sponsorship will indeed help thousands of kids who are out of school to attend school.
* Donation of agriculture equipment and tools will help us start our community and school garden's projects and support our school feeding programs around Liberia, which will inspire street kids, orphans and other disadvantaged children to attend school.
Besides the above donations mentioned, we will whole heartily appreciate any other donations that would help to enhance and expand our work as we strive to create a better Liberia after many years of war.
If you want to donate, please contact us.
Volunteers play a major role in the work of not-for-profit organizations particularly in developing countries. Volunteers who are dedicated to the concept of giving back to a community in need, often help to improve the work of not-profit and at the same time serve as inspiration to individuals and local communities where the spirit of volunteerism is lacking.
Hence at MOPGEL, we rely on the dedication of both local and international volunteers to help us reach our goals. Most of of our programs and projects are relatively "Training of Trainers" (TOT) aimed to encourage individuals and communities get involve with meaningful initiatives. As such, we welcome all those who have skills to share with our staff and the local community.
We look for volunteers from all over the world in the following areas:
* Computer training.
* Fashion design.
* Cooking skills.
* Medical health project.
* Teaching in academic school.
* Administrative work (working in financial department, etc).
* Community out reach program.
* Fund raising (grants proposal writing, etc).
* Capacity building for NGO's.
* Newspaper work (editing, reporting, training reporters, etc).
* Agriculture / environmental project work.
* Leadership training.
If you desire to volunteer, we encourage you to contact us.